Turning on your Mac’s Wi-Fi hotspot through Ethernet connection is a pretty useful option. With the help of this feature, users can connect other devices with the internet when they’re in urgent need. Probably on month end when you’re running out of cellular data then this option proves to be cost-effective and help users stay connected to the internet.
Alternatively, you can also make use of this feature when you’re not getting the sufficient bandwidth from your Wi-Fi router. It is better to convert your Mac into a Wi-Fi router using Ethernet connection instead of crawling over the internet.
If you’re unknown about this trick even after using Mac for a long time then the below-mentioned tips will help you in setting up a secure Wi-Fi hotspot on your Mac.
Make Your MacBook Another Wireless Router – Here’s How
- Click the “Apple icon” to open a list of options.
- Now select “system preferences” option from the list.
- In “system preferences” just select the option “sharing”.
- Check the “internet sharing” box available on the left side menu.
- Go to option “share your connection from” & select “Ethernet” option in the same.
- In right side options select “To computers using” & select “Wi-Fi” under the same.
- In the “Wi-Fi” option, there are settings to secure Wi-Fi hotspot with standard encryption.
- Select “WPA2 Personal” in the security and select password which should be at least eight characters long.
- Re-enter the same password in the verify column and click “ok” button.
- Now one pop-up will arrive stating to confirm “are you sure you want to turn on internet sharing”, press the “start” button to confirm it.
- Click the “internet sharing” option again to create “Wi-Fi hotspot” on Mac.
- That’s it, now you can start using “Wi-Fi” hotspot you’ve just created on your Mac.
Now you can easily connect your Wi-Fi devices with your Mac using Ethernet connection, even in situations when the Wifi router doesn’t respond properly. The tips listed above are amazingly useful for users who can’t live without internet and have multiple devices to connect. They can easily transform their Mac into a Wi-Fi router and stay connected with the internet while using multiple devices at the same time.