Internet browsers are required to open social media or any other online shopping site. After opening a site on any browser the most common pop-up we receive is “would you like to store the password for this site”. Users get this option on almost all browsers which not only helps them login instantly but also reduces the headache of remembering multiple passwords.
Maybe it’s surprising for all dedicated users of internet explorer, but they can also store login details and passwords on their favourite browser in the same way. To add the sites in the list and to store logins and passwords in internet explorer, all users can go through the steps as mentioned below.
Helpful Steps to Save Login and Passwords in Internet Explorer
- Open “start” menu and type “internet explorer” in the search bar.
- Select the “e” icon with the yellow circle around it.
- In “internet explorer”, find “settings”.
- Choose “internet options” from the drop-down list.
- Now one pop-up window will arrive.
- Click the “content” tab in the same pop-up window.
- Go to “AutoComplete”.
- Then go to “Settings”.
- Tick mark “usernames and passwords on forms”.
- Also, tick “ask me before saving passwords”.
- Click the “ok” button to save all the changes.
- Again click “ok” in the AutoComplete window to save the necessary changes.
- Now log into any website to check if the option is working or not.
- Click “yes” option in pop-up stating “would you like to store your password for this site”.
The steps mentioned above add the website in the list of sites which store passwords. However, there are some exceptional sites which don’t allow browsers to save passwords. Users will not get any pop-up window asking to store passwords whenever they visit these sites on some other browsers.
Adding this feature, Internet Explorer takes away the pain of remembering piles of passwords. However, storing passwords prove to be a little risky in case there are multiple users of a single computer. Anyone using the computer can easily access personal and confidential information of others after login those sites without the need to enter login data all over again.