In order to view different tables and sheets, it is necessary to convert portrait mode to the landscape while using Google Docs. Maybe you’ve ever noticed it or not but Google Docs always opens in portrait mode. Sometimes a user might desire to have more horizontal space in the file and hence it’s necessary to know about “Page orientation” settings, in case you are amongst the regular user of Google Docs
Google docs is pretty useful for users who need to work on public computers to open documents anywhere anytime. Knowing the ‘Page layout’ and ‘Page setup’ settings helps in such instances.
In case you’re still unaware of this feature then simply follow some simple steps as mentioned below.
Simple guidelines to change page orientation in Google Docs
- Open Google docs and sign in Google drive after entering the Google id and password.
- Select a document of your choice for which you want to change the page orientation.
- Then click on “file” tab & go to “page setup” option from the list.
- Go to “orientation” and head to “landscape” there.
- Click “ok” to save all the changes which you’ve made.
- To escape from frequent change, you may opt for “save as default” option which will open all your documents in landscape mode in future.
Apart from changing the page orientation on the desktop, you can simply do it even in your Android or iOS device as well. The process remains the same in both operating systems.
- Simply open any Google doc from Google drive on your mobile.
- After you open the document, simply tap “edit” button available as the pen shape icon on the bottom right-hand corner of your device screen.
- Now click on “three-dot” icon from the top right corner.
- Then select “page setup” from the list.
- Tap “orientation” and then press the “landscape” mode to change the page orientation on your device.
Open the menu options again to select the “print layout” option in order to view the document in landscape mode right on your mobile screen.
You can change the view and formatting of all documents while using Google docs with the help of simple steps as mentioned above. However, converting the view of any document to landscape is quite easy in other programs but if you don’t know how to do it in Google docs then this article helps.