It is important to keep upgrading your device with timely OTA (Over the air) updates. In order to include new features and to fix any existing issues, updates are necessary. All companies tend to roll out OTA updates on a regular basis just to support users and even to update the android versions in specific models as well, but with Huawei users, that’s not the case as they have to wait long for getting firmware updates for latest models.
However, all Huawei users can take the alternate path and force-install the latest firmware updates.
With the help of specific tools developed to provide all the latest firmware files, users can manually install the updates referring to the steps, mentioned below.
Steps to Force Install Firmware Updates on Huawei Devices Manually
Just before starting the process of installing firmware updates on your Huawei device, first, install “TWRP recovery software”. After installing the software, download and install “HuRUpdater app”. Try to download the zip file of HuRUpdater app available on different websites, but make sure to download “HuRUpdater v0.3” and “HuRUpdater v0.2” if in case the latest version fails to work on your device.
- Open “firmware finder tool” to download official firmware as per the model number.
- Make sure to download three different files and match the names as given below.
- “update.zip” (full OTA file) & “update_all_hw.zip” & “update_data_public.zip”.
- Now transfer all three files and the folder of “HuRUpdater zip file” in a private folder.
- Rename the “TWRP recovery file” to “recovery.img” file and move the file in the same private folder.
- Start to install firmware in your device now.
- Reboot your device in “recovery mode” and install TWRP recovery.
- Tap “install” button and select “HuRUpdater zip file” after the same.
- Run “HuRUpdater” script and refer the instructions which come on screen.
Now your TWRP recovery will be replaced by custom recovery files, after that, all the necessary firmware files will then be installed on your respective Huawei device.
The process seems to be long and tricky, but it is one of the simplest turnaround methods to complete firmware updates in your Huawei device. It is better to opt for this method instead of waiting long for genuine Firmware updates for your device. Make sure you’ll complete the whole process with the utmost care and backup the important data before going for it as you might lose your data in case of any errors or obstacles while completing the process.