In today’s time when the trend of social media is at its peak, cases of data theft and private Information leak is also equally increasing. It’s necessary for everyone to start worrying about their confidential data. Apart from users even many social media apps have taken this seriously and started taking different security measures for it.
The latest addition to the same is two-factor authentication, which protects your Instagram account with upgraded security options. The feature doesn’t allow access to the Instagram account until and unless the user enters the code sent on the registered mobile number. If you’re unaware of this feature then follow the below-mentioned steps and complete the process instantly.
Important Things You Need to Know About Two-Factor Authentication
There’s no need to repeat the process for Enabling Two-Factor Authentication when using Instagram on multiple devices. With the help of IG Key (Instagram Key) users can setup two-factor authentications easily only after pasting it in all other devices after enabling the feature for the first time.
Mainly there are three types of codes generated in the process that is IG key, One-time code and recovery code and all the codes have their own usage and purpose.
Simple Steps to Enable Two-Factor Authentication on Instagram
- Make sure to update Instagram before enabling the feature.
- Open “Instagram” & press “profile” button.
- Click the “settings” option.
- Open “accounts” & choose “Two-factor authentication” from the list.
- Tap “require security code” and slide the switch to the right to turn it on.
- In “phone number required” window tap on “add number” option.
- Type the mobile number and press “next” option.
- Make sure to enter the correct code received one registered mobile number and tap “done” option.
- Take the screenshot of all the codes appeared on your screen after pressing “ok” on the small pop-up.
- There’s one option “get new codes” which can generate the new codes instantly.
- Alternatively, click “copy codes” to copy all the codes on the clipboard.
On the other hand, if you want to disable the feature then follow the same process until you reach the option “two-factor authentication”. Then go to “require security code” option and toggle the button to the left to switch it off.
Now users can stay calm and relax and stop worrying about the security of their Instagram Account with two-factor authentication. Enabling this feature provides data security and helps users to prevent unauthorized logins on their Instagram account. So if you haven’t used this feature while using Instagram, then do it now with the help of above-mentioned steps and rest assured about all the personal information stored on Instagram.