Perhaps we all are aware of the early means of communication, in which fax used to be a major source of sending documents quickly. After the arrival of emails, the existence of fax is almost ceased. We always prefer emails over fax which provides us with the freedom to send unlimited files and documents in different corners of the world for free.
Still, in many parts of the world, documents are exchanged through fax and companies prefer to receive all written documents on fax only. So in case, your clients reside in those countries then sending a fax is necessary and for that, a fax machine is needed.
In Fact, a fax can be sent through Smartphone also. If you don’t know how to do it then refer the steps as given below and start sending a fax from Smartphone.
Useful Methods Which Help Users to Fax a Document from their Smartphone
With the Help of Efficient Fax App
There are so many Android and iOS apps which anyone can use to send a fax in any corner of the world. Android users can simply do it through android apps. First, search for a fax app on Google play store and choose the right one that satisfies your needs.
There are apps which provide users with the facility to send a single page for free once in a day like PC-FAX.com, eFax, FaxFile etc. For example, we are using Mobile Fax Free App here, after installing the app don’t forget to check the methods and other requirements just before sending the fax.
- Launch the app and select “scan document” option.
- Click the picture of the document using the camera on the phone.
- Tap the option “send fax”.
- Enter the phone number of receiver and other details as asked in the app.
- Tap the “send” button again in order to send a fax to the receiver.
With the Help of a Reliable Online Fax Service
Another method to send a fax from your Smartphone is through online fax services provided on multiple websites. But first, you need to install one file converter app from the app store. There are various file formats like PDF, DOC and even. DOCX which you can use while sending online fax. We prefer PDF file as it is universally recognized and supported by almost all the programs.
- Install “PDF file converter” from Google Play Store.
- Select the document to convert in .pdf format.
- After converting the document in .pdf, search for one online fax service.
- Select any authentic site which allows sending a single page for free.
- Choose one online service with minimum charges in case there are multiple pages.
- Enter all the required details like phone number, company name, country etc.
- Tap the “browse” or “choose file” button.
- Select the document stored in the device.
- Click “send fax” button to send the fax instantly.
Still today, the importance of written documents can’t be ignored and fax is one of the better examples of it. There are various companies, individuals and financial groups who like to send and receive a fax when it comes to the authenticity of documents.
So it is better to use fax services from your phone instead of purchasing a new fax machine as it proves to be a costly affair for small business owners. Hope it helps, next time when there’s a need to send the fax.
My name is Jose, 28, California, love to know technology around us. Professionally, I’m a software developer & I like what I do. Learning new technology and using the latest tech gadgets consumes most of my time & budget.