Apart from dimming the LED backlight of the computer screen, users can also protect eyes while using a dark theme on Mac. The feature can solve certain problems like increasing stress on eyes, tiredness and even the problems of insomnia. On the other hand, after selecting the option, users can transform the simple white look of their Mac’s display and make it look different and exciting.
Mac users having macOS Mojave installed can easily make use of dark theme feature and convert Mac’s display for working at night as well.
Just to help users, we have provided some easy steps to enable dark theme in Mac as listed below.
Effective steps to help you enable dark mode on Mac
While installing Mojave OS on Mac, you’ll get the option to select the preferred theme. In case you’ve not selected the dark theme at that time or by mistake skipped the option, then don’t worry there’s the option to change it.
- Click the “apple icon” on the top left corner and open the menu.
- Select “system preferences” from the list.
- Now click “general” under the same option.
- In “general” a list of options will come.
- Go to “appearance” & select “dark” to set up a dark theme.
- Alternatively, there are options to select “accent color” & even “highlight color” to transform the menu bar.
After completing all the settings, just get back to the home screen to check the “dark theme” you’ve just applied on Mac. Apart from getting the dark mode, users can even opt to have a light mode in day and dark mode at night with the help of “dynamic desktop” feature.
- To activate the option, click the “apple icon” to enter in menu options.
- Now go to “System Preferences” & “desktop & screen saver” option under the same list.
- Select “desktop” option on the top and select “Mojave dynamic” desktop wallpaper with a little curvy icon on it.
- Now proceed to the home screen and check the feature you’ve just applied.
Just after you select a dark theme on your Mac, all the apps installed on your Mac excluding third-party apps will appear in dark colors. Dark theme is pretty helpful for users, fond of working in the night as it reduces the burden from their eyes. Unique layout and appearance are some common reasons behind the evolution of dark themes. So in case you also want to give it a try then the above-mentioned steps will guide you during the whole process for sure.
My name is Jose, 28, California, love to know technology around us. Professionally, I’m a software developer & I like what I do. Learning new technology and using the latest tech gadgets consumes most of my time & budget.