Whenever we do something important, notifications from social media apps and text messages prove to be the biggest distractions for us. It becomes necessary for us to read them as we never know who sent them. After seeing a lot of useless messages, we get annoyed and the only solution left is to put up the mobile on silent mode.
It is almost impossible to know whether the messages are necessary or not, before seeing the notifications in our device. That’s why the best way to avoid this situation is to set custom text tones for specific contacts. With the help of some effective ways as mentioned below users can easily set custom message tones in different messaging apps.
Effortless Ways to Set Custom Text Tones for Specific Contacts on Multiple Messaging Apps
On The Samsung Messaging App
It is pretty simple to set custom message tones in Samsung messaging app. While using old Samsung phones even, users can easily set custom tones for all the important contacts.
- Select the preferred contact or open the message thread.
- Tap “three dot icon” on top right to open menu options.
- Slide the switch near to “custom notification” to turn it on.
- Select “sound” option available under “custom notification”.
- Tap on the “desired tone” option and select the tone of your choice.
Now you’ll get notified with the custom tone whenever the same contact will send a text message.
On Google Messaging App
In the majority of devices used by android users possibilities are that Google Messaging App is installed. The app is used around the world and can be downloaded for free from the Google Play Store. The app offers standard features and a number of useful options to enhance the fun of sending messages.
- Open the SMS thread.
- Tap “three dot icon” to open the menu.
- Select “details” option & tap “notifications”.
- Open “sound” and press the “desired tone” option.
- Select your tone and tap “save” or “ok” option to save the changes.
On Third Party Apps
- Open the message thread and tap “three dot icon” to select menu options.
- Tap “conversation settings” and press “conversation notification customization”.
- Select “sound” & go to the “desired tone” option to select the custom tone.
- Press “ok” or “save” option to store all the changes.
It is always helpful to set custom text tones which helps you recognize and differentiate between urgent and routine messages. Whether you’re using the default Messaging App or have installed an advanced third-party app, you can easily set custom text tones in almost all the messaging apps without any issues and restrictions. All this is possible with the help of simple yet effective ways as mentioned above in this post.
My name is Jose, 28, California, love to know technology around us. Professionally, I’m a software developer & I like what I do. Learning new technology and using the latest tech gadgets consumes most of my time & budget.